HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Workout Wednesday

Ok if you know me you know that working out has NEVER been a strong point. I used to run a bit but I hurt my knee so that stopped. My weight has never really been an issue but since I have gotten married it seems the pounds just keep pilling on. Maybe it is the age or maybe it is the man, who is to say but I now jiggle where once was firm. Now I can tell you this right now I like to eat... no that is an under statement actually I LOVE it. I eat when I am happy, sad, tired, mad... Name a random time of the day and I most likely a eating then so lets just say dieting is out of the question. With a little luck and help from some friends I have found a few things that I have fallen in love with.

1. Nike Trainer - It is my favorite app on my phone right now. It give you already made work outs with videos and tracks your progress. It also gives you rewards for times you worked out. Which keeps me interested. It also has different levels that you can work up towards (beginner, for fools like me who NEVER work out, intermediate, and hard)



2. Zumba- My good friend at work teaches an AWESOME Zumba class on Mondays and Thursdays. I look ridiculous but I am sore all over after so at least it is doing some good.  Dancing the fat away is always a good solution.
3. Nike Running Club- Another Nike App winner. This app is fabulous for my slow uphill battle with running. It tracks how far you run, how fast and even shows you when you slow down and speed up. It also tells you how you have improved. If you are big on sharing your times you can link it to your face book and when people like it the app will cheer you on during your run... not my thing... no one needs to know how slow I run my mile but cool none the less.





4.NEW SHOES- pretty much the best part of my workouts. Who doesn't love new shoes and its a great motivator to actually work out.  






2 comments:

Alyson said...

Good luck! I can't imagine you "jiggling" anywhere though. :)

Sarah said...

Oh it happens trust me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...