HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Raising the Roof... for a Good Cause

For those of you who don't know I am finishing up my last year at the UCF, I am majoring in Event Management and Non Profit management. What this last year means is A LOT of projects. Not my favorite part of college but it is a necessary evil I have learned to deal with. This semester I am in what is called a seminar class... basically it is what they call a class that is one credit but TONS of work. One of the many tasks I will encounter is to put together a fundraiser for-INSERT GOOD CAUSE HERE. I, along with five other students, get to pick a cause, plan an event and execute it. I really do not want to do the same old thing I want something creative and worthwhile. Something that will look good on a resume and that will make a difference. Also know as.... I am feeling ambitious, but I need some help. I NEED inspiration. Does anyone have any ideas for a good fundraiser? It has to be something rather cheap there is really no budget for this at all... though I have been know to get quite a few sponsors when its for a good cause.

2 comments:

Cassie @SweetTea-and-EarlGrey said...

You can put together a 5K. People are always looking for events to run and the fee could put put towards some sort of food drive or special thing for orphans or underprivileged children. I don't know if that's overdone and I don't know how soon the event has to be but if it's closer to the holidays it could be to feed a family or something. Just a thought.

Cassie @SweetTea-and-EarlGrey said...

could be* put not 'put put'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...