HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Day I Thought My House was Haunted

The day began like any other. I rolled over to snooze the alarm clock and realized I was sweating. Something was not right in our little condo. It is NEVER hot. I sat up slowly and began to look around, a tingle shot through my spine. I just knew something was not right. The house was oddly quiet. Ruca sat at attention ears moving every which way.....  I couldn't send the hubby to investigate as he had left hours earlier for work. Slowly I inched out of bed. It turns out the fan had stopped working and upon further investigation our tv, fan in the living room, oven and AC had all ceased to work. How random I thought... But this should be an easy fix right? 
Off to the breaker box I headed on the way there my nose starts to bleed... even with really bad allergies I never get nose bleeds... weird... I start shutting off breakers... in fact I shut them all off over and over again... no good half the house is still dead. As time ticks on I decide I have to ignore the lack of cool air and press on... School was going to start soon. The rest of the morning go as planed. Until it is time to get dressed. I go to turn on my closet light and nothing. 
"Oh well" I think, I guess at least one of the lights had to be broken... As I go to get a flash light I hear a clicking noise. The light springs on and dims to an eerie orange glow and begins to flicker. Another click... Its gone.
I swear my house looked like this... but with an orange tint...
via
 Now just a little bit scared I make a call to Hubby... and what does hubby have to say you ask? What words of comfort or advice? Oh you know just that our house is probably being haunted!

Now you see normally I wouldn't scare so easy but just last month we had two neighbors die. They were in their late 90's so it wasn't  a horrible shock or anything. It was sad but not unexpected. But this couple was not our biggest fans... No, we were the new young mixed marriage couple with the annoying dog. The husband would yell when we took Ruca to the bathroom and the wife would stare out the window with the lights off as we came home....
  So anyways his joke creeped me out. Especially as he said it the fan in the living room kicked back on and then began to flicker off slowly. The clicking and flickering began to happen more and more. So I packed my school stuff and Ruca up and left RAN... 
I couldn't let my sweet puppy get eaten by ghost could I??? 
 NO, I couldn't. I dropped Ruca off at my moms house and headed to school.

The rest of the day was actually pretty good. I even got to make cupcakes in my cooking class....
All though I dreaded heading back home to our haunted condo all day. When I pulled up to our humble abode....this little beauty was in our front yard ...
Turns out it wasn't our grumpy old neighbors just the power company.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha aw i get u on that! husband does night shifts sometimes and i get paranoid being home alone (well, with 2 kids n a dog) lol

Amanda Schroeder said...

I can confidently say that I think we could be best friends. Haha! Your blog is ridiculously cute. I am really excited to follow along. And I believe I've thought the same thing about my house more than once! Cute puppy, too. I want!!

Amanda @ weandserendipity.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...