HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Day the Zombies Ruined My Surprise

Story time:
Picture this, I turn on my computer open my email and see this...

Zombie Paintball WHAT!!!??? What is this madness? And it is half off? Thank you  I begin to picture Jon running through fields of Zombies living his video game dreams. So I decided I NEEDED to get this to surprise the ol' hubby. So fast forward two days and it is the last day of the half of deal I put some money in my old bank account to be sly. He is always checking our account so I knew He would catch me if I didn't do something tricky. Well I get all ready, put my information in and push purchase... WELL instead of giving me an option to put my card information in it just said thank you for your purchase. WHAT???  Did I just get  this for free? I know that's probably not true so I look a little deeper and find that it charged our joint card. They already had my card from something I bought earlier.... They should really put that in bold letters or something right?
Alright... think... how to fix this...
So I call Groupon... No answer... Send an email... No answer... Start to get nervous... 
So I decide to transfer the money to cover it up... My old bank is a tiny credit union so I have to run across town to take the money out, put it in our joint account. I get home ready to relax and pick up the computer and there is an email... Not just any email but an email form Groupon telling me they have switched the purchase to my OTHER account. SOOO now I have charges on both accounts and I have to go and switch the money all over again so another trip across town and of course half way I have to text Jon and tell him not to use the card cause everything is all messed up.
WELL
I get it all taken care of but know Jon has questions about what I was trying to do when I accidentally messed up the accounts. I tell him it is a surprise and he will find out soon enough. But  of course he keeps asking questions and then he lets it slip... 
"when are we going to play ZOMBIE pa...." 
He knows he has messed up!
 I caught him snooping.
 Turns out he investigated my email when he saw Groupon on the bank info he opened my email and saw it. He is seriously such a little BRAT!!!
But I guess I suck a lot at keeping secrets so it will be easier to get him to the haunted house on time this way .
But seriously stupid zombies give me a break!! I just wanted to surprise my husband.

3 comments:

Discovery Street said...

omg...what an ordeal! that's why livingsocial is so much better (but i work for them so i'm biased) :)

aimymichelle said...

that is a crazy ordeal.

Bethany Grow said...

oh my gosh my husband would love to go to this! haha that's totally awesome.
but thats crazy sauce, the hoops you had to jump through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...