HOME aboutus project oneday believe

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Fairytale Lies

The past couple of days I have read some really great perspectives on marriage and love. When I was little I always thought I would get whisked away from my life my some charming prince. He would be rich, handsome and preferably actual royalty. Although my husband is pretty dang handsome we are the opposite of rich and he is definitely not a royal. I think people these days go in to marriage with the wrong expectations and when they are not met they give up. Marriage is hard, it is rough and not for the faint of heart. It is a journey and an adventure and at many times it is far from perfect but it is worth it. When you look at marriage through Gods eyes you see that it is not meant to be perfect but to perfect us.

2 comments:

Allison Leighann said...

This is sweet. (: And I love that photo. I'm glad that you're happy in your marriage and didn't fall for the "perfection" aspect of it.

Rachel said...

I love what you said about marriage "perfecting us". That's really what it should do!! If only more people had those kind of expectations....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...